Friday 7 March 2014

Why I'm a non blogger.

Some of you might wonder why I don't post too many images on my blog. Then again, maybe you don't - but I'ma tell ya why anyway! 
It's because I have a tail. A huge, bushy tail.

Seriously, though!
The beauty of bloggers is that they come in all shapes, sizes, voices, styles...
But I've noticed, while looking at all your lovely photos, that there are a few common factors in my fave blogs...all of which are missing from my life.

A small dog
Whether they're curled up on a bed, snuggled up with you on the couch or out on a walk in the woods, there are loads of these little guys popping up all over the blogosphere and giving me serious puppy envy! For a long time, this little guy was called 'Pinterest puppy' until I found out what breed he was - a dapple dachshund!
Must.have.one.

A decent mobile phone
A phone has never been much more to me than something to call on/text on/use as a ploy when that creepy guy's showing a bit too much interest at the bar.Outside of social media and Bloglovin (sweet, sweet Bloglovin) I'm not much of an app guy either, so my only other request is that the phone has a decent camera. That is - until I got an online deal without testing the phone first. Helloooo 2MP camera! Goodbyyyye decent photos.

A cream bedroom
Oh no. No, no, no, no. Are you serious?! Girls - how do you get through daily life without dropping/scuffing/staining something? 
There's not an inch in my room where I could take a photo without my floordrobe, mounds of makeup, mismatched furniture photobombing. I could only dream of one day having a beautiful, crisp cream bedroom like so many that I spot on your blogs. I'm just not house trained enough to maintain one. 
Such magical tricks and tips should be shared in the comments below. A'thank you.

A tablet/decent laptop
Finally - we come to the machine that makes it all happen. Or not happen, in my case. Remember before flatscreen TVs we had industrial size televisions? I have an industrial laptop. It's old, slow, has never had a sniff of anti-virus software on it in it's life, and weighs more than my car. 
I have started saving for a tablet (thanks to many bloggers' recommendations!) and hope to someday be able to fulfil my dream of writing, editing and publishing a post all in one night. That'd be nifty, wouldn't it? 
So if you don't hear from me for a few days, assume that I'm wrestling this bad boy to the ground.

 

6 comments:

  1. Haha I completely agree with the whole cream house situation! I would never be able to trust myself, I'm way too clumsy with food, drinks, makeup etc. To take product pics I have to lay down white cardboard first! And they are usually so dirty within a couple of weeks that I have to chuck them and buy a new sheet! Definitely couldn't afford to be throwing cream desks outs every couple of weeks ;)

    Nicola x
    www.notesbynicola.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's probably exactly what I'd do - fork out for new stuff every time I wreck something cream before considering changing my messy ways! x

      Delete
  2. Love this! I don't understand how people have busy homes with lots of stuff and furniture without it looking messy! My house looks messy even when it's tidy! I totally feel you on the puppy front too. Without a puppy or a baby I'm not sure i can be a real blogger! ;-)
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Baby - no. Puppy - YES! x

      Delete
  3. "There's not an inch in my room where I could take a photo without my floordrobe, mounds of makeup, mismatched furniture photobombing." THIS. I literally have no where in my room that I can take nice, simple, "blog-able" photos. Where is other people's STUFF? I sometimes wonder if secretly these bloggers have boxes and boxes of stuff stuffed under their bed/in their wardrobe while they take photos (or maybe other people just don't need as much crap as I do).

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I know! I wonder if the rest of their rooms in the house look like something from that mad hoarders programme... listen to us! So bitter ;) I'm in the middle of a move and I'm making a real effort to make my new bedroom blogger friendly <3 x

      Delete